Sunday, August 16, 2009

Doll Keys Update

You're prolly tired of me blathering about them. That's okay, I'm tired of working on them, to be honest.

Not that that means I'm slacking. I hate putting out shoddy products as much as you all hate buying them. Which is even more of a challenge; my slight OCD complex towards getting them -right-.

Anyway, yah, I fugred out how to split the scripts and make it work properly. Only caused three bugs to crop up, and they got sqyashed in an hour of furious scowling and typing and testing.

What was wrong you ask? Hrm, trade secrets and all tha-- nah, here it goes. The name setting wasn't working (I forgot to change which event handled it, so it wasn't initiated. It's working beautifully now.).

A slight problem with the range detection, but that was a simple math problem and again, a fairly easy fix.

The third one was the one that had me stumped. The Dolly talker HUD wasn't engaging on logon. Problem was, was that the dolly talker's scripted perfect. Nothing shoulda been causing the problem.


Turns out, it was huger glitch then I thought. I wasn't handling the check for RLV properly in the key. Which is a rather big bug, when you think about it. In a laggy SIM, RLV wasn't detected. So I had to change that. And i did, and it works.

So yah; keys are in the process of being betaed properly and hopefully, we'll put them to market soon.

That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment